This conference is designed to present current topics of interest to Low Risk Neonatal and Maternal Nurses.
Upon completion of the conference the participant will be able to:
1. Define critical congenital heart disease.
2. Understand the rationale behind the HHS and AAP recommendation for pulse oximetry screening.
3. Describe the method of pulse oximetry screening.
4. Identify a positive result.
5. Understand the implications of a positive test, including need for further evaluation.
6. Review fetal lung development.
7. Identify four common respiratory disorders seen in the transition period.
8. Review signs and symptoms, diagnosis and treatment related to respiratory disorders.
9. Understand the importance of charting and documentation.
10. Verbalize what organizations are notified in cases of a settlement or judgment.
11. Discuss the Health Care Availability Act.
12. Review malpractice insurance.
13. Identify the offender and modes of operation.
14. Identify the steps to prevention of infant abduction.
15. Identify the steps required in a critical incidence response.
16. Discuss the antenatal technology that has led to perinatal hospice programs.
17. Understand the parental decision outcomes after antenatal lethal fetal anomaly diagnosis.
18. Understand the significance of decision outcomes to family-centered nursing practice.